Tuesday, February 16, 2010

104 Years Young!

Today Jon's grandmother, Edna Bailey, is 104 years old... I think that is utterly amazing! She was 100 years old when Jon and I met and I remember thinking then "WOW!" She is such a sweet lady! And very witty! The pictures below were taken a few years ago on a visit to her home in Oklahoma. When she saw the one of the 3 of us she said "Looks like ol' biggie is taking up all the room"! How cute! We played a game of dominoes while there and she was still very "quick"....whenever it was my turn and I was adding up the dots to figure out if I could play anything, she could tell me exactly which dominoes I needed in order to play! Edna became a member of the LDS church in her 80's...after which she served as the Relief Society President and even went on a full time mission! She accomplishes things at her age that I even now would feel very overwhelmed by! I am very grateful that I have had the privilege of knowing her and seeing her awesome example of a faithful daughter of our Heavenly Father.
Jon has very fond memories of his grandmother playing basketball with he and his brothers well into her 80's!!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMOTHER BAILEY....AND MANY MORE!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh that is amazing!!! Happy birthday grandma!

Kat Clark said...

I love her! Isn't she rad? As rad as she is, I really hope this sort of longevity doesn't run in the family. 104 is a looooooong run.