Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Boy and his Trains

Sam LOVES his trains. They are his BFFs! We bought him a small wooden train set last year for his 1st bday. But his true love affair with Thomas and all the other trains from the Island of Sodor began at his sitter's house. The boys there play trains every day. Sam can now name every train and tell me what color they are.
When Cole was Sam's age he also loved his wooden train set, and was always enthralled by the large train table they had at Books A -Million in Longview. I always wanted to buy one of those for him but never did. So when another son came along who also loves trains...I decided it was a must. Sam asked Santa to bring him a train table this past Christmas. He can spend forever playing on it. I do believe it is one of the best investments Santa has ever made! Sam recently scored 3 new trains for getting potty trained. Another good investment! :)

See that smile on his face? Love it!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Where did you find that train set? Noah always plays with the one like your that is at barnes & noble--we literally have to drag him out of the store kicking and screaming b/c he doesn't want to leave that train set!!

Minta said...

Ethan is a HUGE train junkie too! I have to say, he would be in heaven at your house! I've always wanted to get one of those train tables but always go back & forth with wondering if I have enough room, etc. The nice thing is...I bet he keeps himself busy for hours!

KimmieD said...

I love the pictures of Sam with his train. All of my boys have been crazy about trains and the table is sooo worth the money.

Kat Clark said...

That is so cool! Jack loves trains too! Either their related or loving trains is common among 2 year old boys. :) Wait a second...